11 Nov Top 5 Tips to Get Through Your Exams
Posted at 09:11h in News
We all know how stressful exams can be! As we are in the middle of final year exams, below are some tips to assist you to cope better:
- Get adjusted – When you have your spine adjusted, you are eliminating major stress off the brain. When you are less stressed, your brain is better able to learn, think and recall memory.
- Drink extra water – aim for 3 litres. Your brain is 75% water. The weather is getting hotter, dehydrating us faster, which stresses the brain. A brain that is well hydrated will think clearer and faster. Being well hydrated will also help with sugar cravings which are so common during periods of stress.
- Eat 3 meals a day – avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Just like proper hydration, proper nutrition is very important to fuel your brain. Have three well balanced meals a day, mainly filling your plate with vegetables. Snacks like nuts and fruit will fuel your brain for longer and allow you to think more clearly than sugary snacks and drinks.
- Keep a routine, getting up and going to bed at the same time – Make sure you get 7-9 hours of solid sleep. When you sleep, there are many essential processes that your body goes through, including the processing of memories (e.g. study content). Having a routine also helps you cope with stress.
- Do any exercise that you enjoy daily for at least 20 minutes – dance, run, skip, walk, swim, gym etc. Exercise is a great way to both stimulate your brain and cope with stress. Instead of aiming for fitness or weight loss, just concentrate on doing something that you enjoy.
And finally, best wishes to all of our clients who are currently sitting exams!